Two months back, as soon as we decided to shift from Chennai, lot of friends started dropping by. So I had to make something that would stay for a few days,.. Something that would be easy and loved by all. Our maid used to mention about Semolina cakes and thats how I tried one..Yes, it was lovely.. Everytime people came home, we just had to microwave the pieces for a few minutes and they looked superbly fresh..
Here is the recipe:
Semolina – 1 cup
Oil – 1/2 cup
Egg – 2
Sugar – 1/2 cup and 1 cup
Mitha Soda – 1 tsp
A pinch of salt
Dessicated Coconut – 1 cup
Milk – 1 cup
1) Beat the eggs, oil, sugar (1/2 cup),salt,milk and mitha soda together till they blend well.
2) Add the Semolina little by little and blend the dough well.
3) Add dessicated coconut also into the mix and blend again.
4) Preheat the oven at 180C. Bake the cake at 180C for 25 minutes
5) Dissolve 1 cup sugar in 1 cup boiling water to a syrup consistency.
6) Once the cake is cool, pour the syrup over the cake.